Knee-High by the 4th of July 2022
Knee-High by the 4th of July
The Miraculous Superpowers of Seeds
Drive down any rural South Dakota road, and you’ll see the latest in efficient agricultural practices at work in the fields. And growers are using sophisticated methods and advanced precision ag technology like:
- Global Positioning System (GPS) technology for precise, spatial reference of field characteristics.
- Mapping software—or Geographic Information Systems (GIS)—for analysis and display of collected data.
- Equipment fitted with Variable Rate Technology (VRT) to control input application rates according to location in the field.
Thanks to our farmers, more and more people worldwide are able to enjoy healthy food.
With precision ag, farmers have much greater control over their crops. These technologies allow farmers to:
- Plant specific seeds on specific acres for better yields.
- Precisely deliver a reduced quantity of nutrients and other inputs to plants.
- Harvest more efficiently.
- Collect data each season for use in next season’s planning.