Back to Farming & Food Archive
- Venison roast (3-4 lbs)
- 10 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 onions, quartered
- 8 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place one garlic clove in each of 10 deep cuts in roast.
- Combine rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and 1 teaspoon onion powder and rub over roast.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Put a half inch of water in a roasting pan, adding the roast, carrots and onions.
- Cover pan and bake at 325° F for 2-3 hours until roast is tender.
- Put roast and vegetables on a serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour drippings out of roasting pan. Place 3 cups drippings into a saucepan. Add bouillon and remaining onion powder.
- Mix together water and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into drippings
- Boil sauce, while stirring, until thickened, and serve with roast.