Back to Farming & Food Archive
- 2 pheasant breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Pound pheasant breasts under a layer of plastic wrap using a meat tenderizer mallet or hammer.
- Salt pheasant and set aside.
- Heat butter and olive oil in large pan over medium heat until butter bubbles. Add garlic and reduce heat.
- Place flour on a plate or in a bowl. Dredge pheasant in flour until breasts are covered.
- Add pheasant cutlets and fry on medium heat 2-3 minutes. Turn over and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove pheasant from pan.
- On high heat, add mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add Marsala, rosemary and chicken stock. Boil until sauce thickens, for 2-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return pheasant to pan, coat both sides with sauce and serve.